Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Spring Break

It's been a couple of weeks now since I wrote anything on this new blog of mine. I really don't mean to start it only to drop it after a month like I've done with other interests, and it's not like I haven't had anything to share, but... well, I don't know really why I haven't written anything. This is going to be more of photoblog about my spring break, so you who read this (which is probably Dad and Zach) can have a little look into my life this last week.

The picture up top is of me and N T Wright. David Richmond and I went up to Chicago last Friday to hear him give a couple of lectures on the sacrements. I'll probably post some ideas that I had from that time in another blog, but for now I'll just say that it was very stimulating. After the lectures we went to this bar in the city, The Map Room , which had a selection of 200 beers. It was all around a great short trip. I also took the train for the first time in the US on my way back which was conciderably less exciting than any of my train rides in Europe. I think a lot of that had to do with it going from Chicago to St Louis rather than Aix to Florence.

I had some great meals with friends throughout the week. This is Monday night with the Bechtels and Cheneys chez moi. I really love these guys. I also had dinner over at the Cheneys on Wednesday night, where I once again appreciated Deana's mad cooking skills. Afterward we watched a few episodes of Arrested Developement which is certainly the best television show to ever be taken off the tele before it should have been.


This is a picture of Gusto at Kaldi's that proves that I did do some studying. No, it doesn't prove that I did any studying, it proves that Gustavo did some studying. You'll jsut have to take my word that I did too because he was studying rather than playing with my camera and talking pictures of me. I really like this picture.


This is another picture from our time at Kaldi's when I found out from playing with my camera that I can change the shutter speed.


One of the neighbor houses hosted a nice breakfast Thursday morning to which I brought my camera but I don't think that any of the pictures are worth sharing. That's what happens when you're still trying to figure out how to use your camera after over a year, you end up taking a bunch of photos that don't turn out so well.






Rocky V on Vimeo

This is a song by Owen, not Rocky. I went to a Rocky Votolato concert Tuesday night and this was one of the dudes opening for Rocky. About half way through you can hear me and Karen Morton talking. The video stinks but if you can hear the song the guitar is pretty sweet.






Rocky Votolato on Vimeo

This is Rocky playing "She Was Only in it For the Rain". I took these clips on my camera but unfortunately the memory stick that I bought a year ago now from Costco has never come through for me, so there's little glitches throughout these clips. I hope you enjoy these because these are the first videos I've put up on the internet. Ok, so these aren't working too well. I'm going to try to figure it out tomorrow. Ifigured it out. But now there's a larger gap than I would like between the videos and the writing underneath them. I'm still trying to work out how to do all these nifty blogging things.

Saturday night the Mortons hosted a little wine and cheese party which are two of my favorite things to consume, so I went. No, I went 'cause the Mortons rock. It was also a surprise birthday party of sorts for Luke whose birthday was the day of the concert that we were all at. This a picture of Luke and Keifer.


Sunday afternoon was spent with some of my roommates out on our deck. It was a great time of just hangin' out, grilling, playing some music and all around just enjoying one another's company. This is Pat, Justin, Jeremy and Luke.

So, with getting to do all of these fun things, getting some studying in, working in some people's yard for a few mornings, I had a great break. Now I'm just looking forward to Easter Break when I'll be going down to Chattanooga.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. When you post, you post big. I salute you for that. And I also salute you for working on campus day, as opposed to...others. (As if "studying" isn't "working"...) And I think your dad's a cool guy. I'm glad to know we have something else in common: reading your blog. Finally, that's a frame-able picture of you and the good bishop. Might have to Photoshop myself into it.

Shannon said...

Nate and I had fun reading about your spring break- Just wanted to say that we totally agree that Arrested Developement should still be on- funny funny stuff. We'll have to have you over soon-ciao

N&S

Deana said...

Wohoo for the sushi - that was a fun dinner. Great idea, we should do it again some time. I've got some pretty funny pictures of you and Chris being "tough as nails" with the wasabi. I need to get them onto the computer. I'll send them to you when I do...hopefully soon.